The McKnight Parent Faculty Association is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization staffed entirely by volunteers whose primary mission is to provide opportunities for our students and support for our wonderful McKnight Faculty & Staff. The PFA funds, subsidizes, or provides volunteer coordination for many activities and events at McKnight!
Here are just a few…
- Field trips for every grade
- Much, if not all of the cost of every field trip is covered by the PFA.
- PFA After School Programs
- Last year they included Lego classes, Rugby, Cake Decorating, Cheerleading, French, and so many more! There are fees to participate, but we endeavor to keep the costs as low as we can.
- Classroom projects
- We help to defray some of the costs for things such as butterflies for first grade, Mother’s & Father’s Day projects, Colonial Day, US Regions Day, & Earth Day.
- Classroom parties
- Staff Appreciation
- Ice Cream Social
- Family Picnic at North Park
- Fifth Grade Picnic at Blueberry Hill Park
- Family Fun Bingo
- Basket & Science Night
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son X-Games
- Holiday Shop
- Tiger Shop
- Summer Bridge Books
Just a friendly reminder: Some of the activities above are fully funded by the PFA. There are others for which we only subsidize a portion of the costs. Then there are some that you fund via your paid participation. For almost everything listed, the PFA coordinates the volunteer efforts required to make them happen.
Join us for monthly PFA Meetings!
Meetings are the first Wednesday of every month beginning at 9:15 am at McKnight. Any younger siblings in your world are welcome to come with you! We are never bothered by the background noise that comes with these “Tiny Tigers”. Trust us, we are all parents too, and we understand. If your schedule permits, we would love to have you join us! We are fortunate that Dr. Shute, Mrs. Hudson, and at least one additional faculty member attend these meetings, too - so a tremendous amount of information is exchanged here.