The McKnight Parent Faculty Association is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization staffed entirely by volunteers whose primary mission is to provide opportunities for our students and support for our wonderful McKnight Faculty & Staff. The PFA funds, subsidizes, or provides volunteer coordination for many activities and events at McKnight!
Here are just a few…
- Field trips for every grade
- Much, if not all of the cost of every field trip is covered by the PFA.
- Classroom Projects
- We help to defray some of the costs for things such as Mother’s & Father’s Day projects, Colonial Day, US Regions Day, & Earth Day.
- PFA After School Programs
- Last year they included Lego classes, Rugby, Cake Decorating, Cheerleading, French, and so many more! There are fees to participate, but we endeavor to keep the costs as low as we can.
- Classroom parties
- Staff Appreciation
- Back to School Bash
- Family Picnic at North Park
- Fifth Grade Picnic
- Family Fun Bingo
- Basket & Science Night
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son X-Games
- Holiday Shop
- Tiger Shop
- Summer Bridge Books
Just a friendly reminder: Some of the activities above are fully funded by the PFA. There are others for which we only subsidize a portion of the costs. Then there are some that you fund via your paid participation. For almost everything listed, the PFA coordinates the volunteer efforts required to make them happen.
Please join the PFA if you have not done so. For more information on PFA membership click here. Once you have purchased membership you will also have access to the online directory.
Join us for monthly PFA Meetings!
Meetings are generally the first Wednesday of every month beginning at 9:15 am at McKnight. Any younger siblings in your world are welcome to come with you! We are never bothered by the background noise that comes with these “Tiny Tigers”. Trust us, we are all parents too, and we understand. If your schedule permits, we would love to have you join us! We are fortunate that Dr. Shute, Mrs. Hudson, and at least one additional faculty member attend these meetings, too - so a tremendous amount of information is exchanged here.
For more information including a date list and minutes to past meetings please click here.